Monday, July 14, 2008

To Market, To Market...

...to buy everything in sight! I had the most fabulous weekend at America's Mart in Atlanta. My Dad is an architect so my Mom and his secretary have gone the past 5 or so years claiming that they were part of the architecture design firm (slightly true/untrue..whatever gets you in to paradise)! I've been begging to be guest status for forever and since we just bought a new house and finally have some income I got the invite this year. We stayed at the elegant Ritz Carlton downtown and had the most amazing meals, people watching on their second story porch. We strutted around like we owned the place!

The main purpose of me going was to buy a hutch for our china that has been sitting in boxes since the wedding. I walked around the first 2 hours with my mouth wide open...just imagine potterybarn half off!!! The showrooms have the most beautiful furniture and home accessories you can ever imagine and there are 12 floors of them! Most of the showrooms have all the wine you can drink for free which helps you pull the trigger on most of the purchases!

The most overwhelming part was the jewelry and accessories building. My favorite was this huge showroom where Luna and Copper Penny buy all of their jewelry, and I got TONS of jewelry wholesale. I mean earrings that I bought for $30 in a boutique were $5.00 in this place. (That part actually made me pretty sick). What also made my stomach turn was the Hobo International Showroom...of course they had all their new lines displayed for boutique buyers but we asked the exhibitor if they sold any samples and she led us to this very covert, back room where we found HOBO HEAVEN! My mom got the same $115 clutch that I got for my birthday for $30!!! (She was very quick to rub it in my face the whole weekend).

All in all, my house is getting a complete makeover for wholesale prices. I can't wait for the orders to start rolling in...YAY for Market!!!! I'm already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Can't believe you were here and didn't even stop by the Casa de Chaos.

Boo. I was even down there on Saturday!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I want to go to Hobo Heaven! I really really really do!

Post a Comment